- Goals & Objectives
- Our Staff
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Board of Directors
- Join Our Team
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
A Step Ahead Foundation’s mission offers women in Memphis and Shelby County free long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) to prevent unplanned pregnancies.
We offer free access to long-acting, reversible contraception to women in Shelby County. We make it easy for you to plan your family and get a step ahead in life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don't have insurance?
What if I have insurance?
Our partner health center will bill your private insurance first, but we will pay any co-pay and/or deductibles for Shelby County residents. There will be no out of pocket costs to any of our patients.Get More Answers »
What does the appointment include?
With any appointment for free birth control, we provide a free woman's health screening including a pregnancy test and STD test. If you are over 21, you will also receive a free pap test.Get More Answers »