- Goals & Objectives
- Our Staff
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Introducing: GuyTalk!
- Board of Directors
- Join Our Team
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
What is Girl Talk?
A FUN , FREE, and informative 6-week program with sessions about abstinence, healthy relationships, and effective birth control. We discuss how to say NO and how the female reproductive system works. Girl Talk includes snacks, games, photos, and prizes. Girls have the opportunity to make #iPlans by writing down their goals. We also provide them with a career/life roadmap.
Who can attend Girl Talk?
Any young woman between the ages of 11-18, who wants to learn about planning her life, her future, and her family.
We welcome all organizations, including schools, community centers, churches, and more.
Why do we need Girl Talk?
The Shelby County teen pregnancy rate was 40% higher than the national average. Teen pregnancy has an overwhelming impact on short and long term goals. According to the Center for Disease Control, only about 50% of teen mothers receive a high school diploma or GED by the age of 22, versus roughly 90% of the women who do have a child during adolescence.
When is Girl Talk?
We will work with you and your team to schedule a day and time that is convenient for you.
How much is Girl Talk?
Girl Talk is a free program offered to groups, schools, organizations, and more in Shelby County.
How do I schedule a Girl Talk?
Contact one of our Community Outreach team members today.
Kirsten Carter, Girl Talk Educator
kirsten [at] astepaheadfoundation [dot] org
Belinda Simpson, Director of Community Outreach
belinda [at] astepaheadfoundation [dot] org