- Goals & Objectives
- Helping women get A Step Ahead
- A Step Ahead Foundation 2011-2012 Evaluation Tracking Report
- A Different Kind of Work - LARC
- Three Tips for Moms-To-Be
- Lifting Health Through Collaboration
- Women Recognized At A Step Ahead Scholarship Program
- Abortions Decline by Nearly 37 Percent in Shelby County
- Are you a Step Ahead client? We want to hear from you!
- ASAF Tours Crosstown!
- Photos - Hocus Pocus
- Read About Abigail's Story
- Meet Theresa, an ASAF client!
- 2018 Annual Community Partner Lunch and Awards
- Introducing: GuyTalk!
- Meet our New Executive Director, Nikki Gibbs
- A Step Ahead talks HIV Awareness on WREG News Channel 3 Live at 9
- Our Staff
- Board of Directors
- Join Our Team
- Participating Health Centers
- Not in Memphis?
The Step Ahead Scholarship program is dedicated to recognizing and providing financial support for promising young women from the greater Memphis community who are committed to public service in the areas of academic success and effective, responsible life planning.
SInce its inception in 2014, $1,000,000 has been awarded to outstanding young women in the Memphis community. Multiple scholarships of at least $2,000 are awarded. Awards are based on strength of application and estimated financial need. Each award is a one-time, annual scholarship—but recipients are encouraged to maintain good academic status and reapply each year as needed.
“The scholarships are part of the mission at A Step Ahead, which seeks to remove barriers for women so they can focus on getting an education and become more successful in life. Such barriers include the debt that comes with going to college and becoming mothers before being able to graduate and start a working career. We want to empower all women to achieve their hopes and dreams.” - Nikki Gibbs, Executive Director, A Step Ahead
2020-2021 Scholarship Application
BankTennessee is pleased to announce that the application process for the 2020-2021 A Step Ahead Scholarship is now open. The Step Ahead Scholarship program is a collaborative effort of A Step Ahead Foundation and Girls Inc. of Memphis to support their commitment to encouraging the educational advancement and leadership development of young women in the greater Memphis community.
Completed scholarship packets are due April 3rd.
Click here to learn more and download the scholarship application.
Questions or technical assistance needed, email scholarship [at] astepaheadfoundation [dot] org.
See examples of past scholarship recipient videos below for your review.
Congratulations to our 2019-2020 Scholarship Recipients!
Le Nericka Beasley
Thao Anh La